For those, who're interested in sound, noise, silence and their electronic / digitals forms. For those, who doesn't accept the media of sound and vision in the closed box, rather open it for experimenting, improvising. Therefore for those, who're interested in sound art, interactive arts, networked projects and performative arts.
We're running educational projects since 1996 in the field of electroacoustic music, video art and design, presenting a special role in the faculty, where both of the fine arts and musician students cooperate in the projects. With starting the BA programme in electronic music and media arts we plan to cover the gap in the study of electronic music and in wider perspective, specialized to the arts of new media.
Head of programme: Bálint Bolcsó DLA, senior lecturer (responsible for english programme) and Balázs Kovács PhD habiol, senior lecturer (responsible for hungarian programme)
|Head of programme:||Bálint Bolcsó and Balázs Kovács|
- Bálint Bolcsó DLA - composition, computer music in practice (head of the english programme)
- Balázs Kovács PhD habil. - interactive arts (MaxMSP/Jitter), music and informatics, theory/research (head of the hungarian programme)
- Zlatko Baracskai PhD - composition, computer music in practice, acoustics, psychoacoustics (SuperCollider)
- Péter Márton - synthesizer construction
- Kristóf Wéber - score editing
- Pál Fodor DLA - video, 3d design
- Gábor Horváth - photography
- Dr. László Kocsis - philosophy
- Dr. Adrienne Gálosi - aesthetics
- Dr. Gergely Szőke - information and communication technology law
- Gábor Borosi - Studio practice
- Katalin Aknai - art history
- Dr. László Stachó - music history
- János Bali DLA habil. - music theory
- Ákos Gocsál PhD - phonetics
Study plan: (complete study plan in .pdf)
• Ground knowledge: philosophy, contemporary aesthetics, network laws, culture and art history, history of music, acoustics
• General professional knowledge: music theory, timbre-solfége , musical informatics and media knowledge, psychoacoustics, electronic music notation, performance practice
• Specialized professional knowledge: computer music projects, composition practice, stylistic exercises in computer music, sound synthesis and analysis
- PhotoSynth: self-powered electronic arts, 2018. june
- 143fok: concert series organized by our students
- Periszkóp Rádió: art radio project
- Elektronikai bütykölde: workshop for children
- Media art camps: between 2008-2013. in various cities. Since that every year as Hangfarm.
- Creative music and media art workshop: events series
- Makker makerspace (2018-19.)
- Khaos ex Machina modules
- Dióbél Recordings
- soundcloud channel: https://soundcloud.com/ezmba-pte
The entrance exam is divided to two stages:
- 1st stage: orientation test
- 2nd stage: practical exam
a. Parts of the orientation test (scheduled to mai; online)
Written exam: Orientation test (hearing ability, general intelligence, logic test)
Oral exam: Presentation of a self-composed piece, short discussion
b. Parts of the practical exam (scheduled to mai-june; online)
- written exam (test based on knowledge in the field of contemporary and electronic music history, arts, computer sciences; essay based on the work list)
- practical exam: realization and presentation of a creative multimedia task
- oral exam: presentation of previous works in detail (please use the portfolio sample), discussion.
For detailed informations about the preparation requirements, see the attachments below!
- Ezmba on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ezmba (hungarian) | https://www.facebook.com/Electronic-Music-and-Media-Arts-PTE-104448864936446 (english)
- More at the PTE International website: https://international.pte.hu/study_programs/ba_electronic_music_and_media_arts
- Contact Bálint Bolcsó DLA (head of programme), Balázs Kovács PhD habil. (head of department) for program-specific subjects, or Beáta Seres (international relations coordinator) for discussing questions about application and official things.